Covid 19. Tertiary prevention ? ( It may be helpful. It is not proven). No studies done. Just common sense approach.
Its not a cure. It may reduce viral load in the nasopharynx. Provided it is safe! I need help from pharmacy experts and infectious disease experts and others. I am certain that it will reduce viral load in the nasopharynx as it is on the surface.
My urgent question? Will it reduce viral load in nasopharynx and is it safe.
Reasoning: The products which Sanitizes outside why not inside? Will it reduce spread of germs? Is it safe?
Fist of all do Primary prevention:
- Follow CDC advice
- Continue with primary preventive measures.
- Consider this may / may not help.
- This one may be tertiary prevention.
- It is much better to start one of these right after the exposure. That is day 1 to day 5. That could reduce the viral load in the throat and nasal passages. After that if you use it, then it is to prevent spreading of the germs.
🛑Stop using it, if unable to tolerate or allergic to any ingredients.
⭕️Low dose Zinc may help reduce replication of virus.
⭕️This is on compassionate basis. No claims were made. Be careful.
GOOD LUCK WORLD
Fact: Alcohol, Betadine, Hydrogen peroxide : Kills the virus on different surfaces.
If they kill the virus externally why not internally in the Nasopharynx.
Needs safety evaluation, even though there are lots of anecdotal reports available and over the counter products.
Betadine has been used post-operatively but never used for a week or two. It may not be good for prolonged use. Gargle with sterile water after 30-40 seconds.
Hydrogen Peroxide should diluted to less than 0.5%. Rinse mouth and throat with sterile water after 30-40 seconds.
Use it at your own discretion until some studies are done.
1. One of my colleague wrote this: After briefly looking into this before I had to leave, these options could possible lower the viral load and slow further spread. As far as I could find, we are unsure the time the virus takes to replicate inside the cell, so determining a frequency for these therapies would be difficult, especially the threat if this takes place rapidly and causes exponential growth. I believe I saw that the viral load peaks around 14 days but not 100% on that. We will have to look further into this before determining if this is an effective option to prevent the spread. I will forward this to our clinical coordinator to research more in depth. Thank you for the information.
2. Infectious disease doctors: Don’t want to hear anything but attending noon conferences to discuss cure / treatment.
3. Others have mixed feeling.
4. Some says they don’t have any experience.
5. Some says it works outside but not in humans.
6. I don’t want to send any comments.
7. Some are interested in listening to news but won’t look in to anything which can reduce the spread of the disease.
8. Some did not even want to talk about anything new.
9. Some thinks we are suggesting it’s a cure without reading as to what is it I am suggesting. It could be a tertiary prevention.
10. Needs your comments good, bad or ugly. Will not use your name.